With the Royal Wedding this weekend, we thought we’d raise a glass to Prince Harry and Megan Markle with some brilliantly British inspired cocktails. From Goosberry gin to the finest Champagne and Spritzers to Sherry, you’ll be set for Summer with this mouth-watering line-up of absolute classics and traditional tipples with a twist.
Rose Cottage, Stand 221
Rose Cottage is a liqueur brand based in the North East of England who has a love of all things gin. They do not distil their alcohol; instead focus on what they do best with infusing delicious fruits and floral flavours creating the finest gin on the market.
The Harkle (original name, right?)
Rose Cottage have made the perfect summer cocktail combining Gin and Champagne – a match made in heaven. And just in time for Summer, this week see’s the launch of Rose Cottage’s brand new stinging nettle and gooseberry gin… just in time for summer!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 50ml Stinging Nettle and Goosberry Gin
- 50ml ice cold Champagne or Prosecco
Served in a Champagne flute, garnish with a strawberry.
XECO Wines, Stand 545
XECO Wines started in 2016 with a mission to create a new brand of sherry that would add a contemporary edge on an age-old product, removing the preconception that Sherry is for… well, the slightly older generation. Who knows, maybe they could convert you into a Sherry drinker this Summer?
Calling all gin lovers - cool yourself down from the summer sun (if we do get one this year in the UK) with a refreshing and zesty Gin & Sherry cocktail.
- 40ml Gin (Beefeater 24 is recommended)
- 15ml XECO Fino sherry
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml sugar syrup (1:1)
- 2 dashes orange bitter
Shake all ingredients with ice, and strain. Garnish with grapefruit twist.
House & Garden Festival - The Summer Living Workshops
If you’re in need of a little Summer inspiration for hosting the perfect summer dinner party, BBQ or event, be sure to attend one of our Summer Living Workshops at the House & Garden Festival, 20 - 24 June.
- Enjoy a rather royal affair, and join the Royal Wedding florist Philippa Craddock at one of her Summer Flower workshops.
- Sample and learn how to make recipes from leading restaurants and chefs from Gilpin Lodge or Lucknham Park.
- Taste some of the finest champagne from our Fair sponsor, Louis Roederer.
- Join the Hummingbird Bakery in a cupcake frosting masterclass.